Travel / Family / Friends

There was lots of travel: New Years 2006 in Guatemala, also a week in Guatemala in April 2007, at a language school (really great and incredibly cheap). Here's a picture of me in Guatamala (Quetzaltenango)

Feb. 2006: Cuba (!!!) for an amazing week with some colleagues from the Women's Studies Research Center at Brandeis

August 2006 – Santa Fe, NM – My mom and I saw some great opera

Oct. 2006 -- Prestigious NEA Journalism Institute, hosted by Columbia University. My journalistic products are here and here, as well as the Clarke Society Newsletter.

Nov. 2006 – Hawaii (Oahu ) – hey, it was a conference, lots of hard work! Followed by Thanksgiving in California with my family.

August 2007 – Oxford UK with Laura Macy for the Scrabble tournament (just kidding, we played a lot of Scrabble, with her winning almost all of it.)

November 2007 – AMS (American Musicological Society) in Quebec City

Speaking of family – my sister is now a very successful Realtor with her own webpage and her face on signs all over northern CA!

My niece has her driver's license and a job at a photography store. My nephew continues to play guitar and is learning to drive. Both are doing well at school.

Rosie and I celebrated our fourth anniversary. Links for Rosie's rabble rousing here and professional life here.

This summer, my mom exhibited several of her artworks (in watercolor and fiber media) at the Kniznick Gallery in the WSRC

Friends -- well, friends, you're the ones reading this, right?? I feel so fortunate to have such a fabulous, devoted and fun group of friends!!